- Detta evenemang har redan ägt rum.
Tampering with the Swedish elections? Media and foreign information operations
17 april, 2018, 17:30 - 19:00
Western democracies are facing a common security threat: foreign and domestic attempts to influence democratic processes. The purpose of these operations is partially to influence election results, but more importantly to destabilize the democratic society in a broader sense.
This fall, parliamentary elections are to take place in Sweden, whereas the U.S. is holding mid-term elections. Will Russia and other foreign actors try to influence the election processes? How is social and traditional media being targeted by information operations? What lessons can be learned – throughout Europe and North America, on how to counter these efforts? And what measures can Sweden and the U.S. take in order to be better prepared?
These are some of the issues that will be discussed at an open seminar with prominent international and Swedish experts. The seminar is co-organized by Tankesmedjan Tiden, a Social Democratic labourbased think tank and Frivärld, a foreign policy-oriented center-right think tank.
- Laura Rosenberger – Director of the Alliance for Securing Democracy and Senior fellow at The German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF)
- Rick Ledgett – former Deputy Director at the National Security Agency (NSA) in the United States
- Patrik Oksanen, political editor at Hela Hälsingland (Center Party aligned)
- Mikael Tofvesson, acting deputy head of Coordination and Operations
department at the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB)
Time: April 17 at 17.30-19.00
Place: Norra Latin, Musiksalen, Stockholm
Registration: via form here.
There number of seats is limited, please register in time. The seminar is free of charge, but there is a fee (SEK 200) for those who register and don’t show up.